Tuesday, December 2, 2008

praying for your wife...

the following is an excerpt from "The Power of a Praying Husband" by Stormie O'Martian (a book that Julie bought me about 7 yrs. ago and I am just now seriously reading, ouch.) :(

"I once saw a football game where the home team was losing and there were less than 15 seconds left in the game. They needed a touchdown to win, but everything was against them making a score in that amount of time. The game appeared to be over, and the opposing team and fans were already celebrating. Some people were even leaving the stadium. But the losing team and coach didn't give up or let their morale fall. Instead they pulled an unlikely play out of thier book, and through the most astonishing sequence of events, the home team made a winning touchdown in the last few seconds of the game. It was so amazing that news reports of it even referred to it as a miracle.

Your marriage is like that football game. You and your wife are a team. And she wants the security of knowing that when things are tough and down to the wire-even when the enemy is already celebrating your demise and all appears to be lost-you have the faith to believe that up to the very last second everything can turn around. She needs the assurance you have a play in your pocket that can take you down the field with the ball for a possible winning score. She wants you to trust that with God nothing is impossible and because of that you will never give up hoping for the impossible to happen.

When your wife knows you are praying, she is confident of all of these things. In my survey of wives, 85 percent of them said the most important prayer their husband could pray was that he would become the man, husband, and head of the home that God wanted him to be. This is the most important place for a man to begin praying."

*Men, I ask you, what's holding you back? Step up to the plate for your family.

*Shall we pray?

Heavenly Father,

I come to you today to repent of all that I have done against your will. I repent of the sorrow I have caused my wife by not praying for her and our children. I pray that you would show me the way to be the husband and father that you want me to be. Guide me in your ways, Lord.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Charlie

2 comments:

Jules said...

I am so blessed to be your wife, I love you, baby.

cryssi said...

You are such a good Brother, Thank You for being there and for being a good husband to my sis..

Love Ya
Sis