Thursday, October 30, 2008

titus 2

I have studied Titus 2 a few times , and for some reason I keep coming back to it .There is a lot of instructions for us as Christians and as couples and as parents to follow . So many things todays generations have failed to follow or to ignore or just hasn't been taught .A few years ago ther was an ad on tv about a child who was on drugs dad finds out , dad asked him where did you learn to do this? The son said by watching you dad! This chapter is about example . The older ones are the mold the younger ones are the jello. We need to make sure our words and are actions are grounded in the Truth , and it sets up in their minds firm!

More in depth thoughts to follow this weekend.....

3 comments:

Jules said...

I really like the way you said this, babe. Especially about us being the mold and the youth being jello! That is such a clear way to say what needs to be said. I really like that analogy and I am so proud of you for doing this! The church needs someone like you to stand up and speak up! Keep up the great work!

Love you & so proud to be your wife,

Fred

cryssi said...

This is just what we were discussing last night when we read our Bible. Of course, I mostly preach at myself when I read...but it got me to thinking that I havent been a very good example...I havent been a very good mold..and the jello around here is getting kinda out of hand. But anyway, thanks for doing this. I wish more men in the Church would. It helps so much..

Love Ya
Sis

Crucified Christian said...

Hi Charlie,

I finally got to look at your blog. I think it is a great way for us busy (lazy) guys to keep in touch and share ideas and Bible thoughts.

Whenever we think of Titus 2, we usually think of a woman's role at home, but it is talking to us guys too. We do help shape the young people. Especially our Children. They are watching us every minute of everyday that we are close by. I remember grabbing the middle bar of the push lawn mower to help my dad mow the yard, not knowing that I was only in the way and slowing him down. But he never said a word. He enjoyed spending time with his kids. So should we.

There is a saying that I have heard recently "Hunt with your kids, not for them." You cant mold something if you dont touch it.

Crucified Christian
Paul